- An appropriate Earth Launch Vehicle (ELV)
- Space Taxis (ST) and associated auxiliary vehicles
- Long duration ecological system
- A set of mission modules referred to summarily as Life Support Section (LSS),including a radiation shelter, command module, ecology module, and others such as a workshop module, data transmission module and a more for electric power generation.
- Orbit Launch Preparation Modules (OLPM) to support fueling and checkout activities.
- An Earth Entry Module (EEM)
- Propulsion Modules, for the Heliocentric Interorbital Space Vehicle
- An Orbital Tanker Vehicle (OTV)
- A Destination Space Vehicle (DSV) if secondary (excursions) missions are planned at the destination
Image credit: Krafft Ehricke Papers
Image source: NASM